These eXtension webinars are geared toward bringing pertinent information to dairy producers, extension educators, allied industry professionals, and veterinarians across the United States.
Discovering Hidden Feed Costs for the Milking Herd
Dr. Micheal Brouk, Kansas State University
November 7, 2013 12:00 PM Central Time
Unsure of where your dairy’s feeding program might be leaking money? Dr. Brouk will help you do a little detective work to identify some common sources of unseen feed costs in a dairy herd. Just a few areas he plans to cover include commodity shrink, mixer errors, refusals, and expense of inventory.
Critical Economic Decisions when Raising Heifers
Dr. Jason Karszes, Cornell University
December 16, 2013
Dr. Karszes will discuss some key items every dairy farmer should consider in heifer raising. He will cover the costs involved, factors that influence those costs, the economic impact of the replacement program on the dairy farm’s performance, and several other factors to consider in a replacement program.
Basic Vaccinology: Why Vaccines Work or Don’t Work
Dr. Dan Grooms, Michigan State University
January 13, 2014 12:00 PM Central Time
Vaccines are a vital part of maintaining the health and well-being of a dairy herd, but have you ever wondered about what makes them work? Dr. Grooms will cover some of the basics of vaccinology, including basic immunology and how vaccines work, as well as the different types of vaccines and important considerations for designing and implementing a vaccine program for your farm.
Forage Fermentation: How to Make Good Silage
Dr. Limin Kung, University of Delaware
To Attend These Sessions:
Sessions will be recorded and archived here, to be available for those who could not attend the live session.
All of our live sessions will be conducted via Adobe Connect. To attend a live session you will need to:
- Go to Connect at the appointed time for the webinar you wish to attend
- Select “Enter as a Guest”
- Type your name in the box; if you are attending as part of a group, please indicate at the end of the name how many people are in the group, including yourself.
- Click “Enter” to join the webinar
- Once you enter the meeting room, the audio portion of the webinar will come through your computer speakers. All you will need to do to hear the presentation is enter the meeting room and ensure that your speakers are on.
Note: You may use this test link at any time before the meeting to confirm your computer’s ability to connect to the Adobe Connect session.